Wednesday, February 24, 2010

KIA

Just for those people who have forgotten the human cost of this war. This is a Facebook Update from my 18-year old stepson about the guys from his unit who have recently been killed in Afghanistan.

"Anderson got hit by an ied (broke his femar and had a bad concusion) Swingle also got hit by an ied broke his femar and hurt his back, the BC got back injuries from the same ied as swingle, doc mitchel got shot in the thigh, peak A. and Ward from Catt both were killed in a ied."


5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kristin. And please let your stepson know that 2 people in San Diego deeply appreciate his service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becca-

    Thanks for your kind words! It's amazing what those guys are going through and so many are so young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really sad. My husband is USAF Retired. Stopping in to say hi and follow: http://travelswithunclesam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary-

    Thanks for the comment. I've tried to access your blog and it won't let me. It says I haven't been invited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty heavy status message. I think a lot of people forget about all of our troops still over there. I'm trying not to.

    ReplyDelete